Art. World. Jobs.
This vacancy is no longer available
Please note that this vacancy has expired and you can no longer apply.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
3 days a week
Required for September 2018, we are seeking to appoint an Artist in Residence to work alongside our teaching staff, promoting the subject and practice of Art. You will provide an inspirational contribution to the learning of our
pupils, and offer the opportunity for them to work alongside a practicing artist. Working in a highly successful department with excellent facilities for Fine Art, you will be able to extend and exhibit your own work in joint and
solo exhibitions at our onsite SE9 Container Gallery.
• Oversee the day to day running of the gallery
• Liaising with artists, arranging exhibitions and organising the logistics of
the hang and exhibition dates
• Organise and prep for Private Viewings
• Organising external workshops and talks to offer to the wider community
• Create, organise and run workshops in response to the exhibition across all
• Weekly updates of the website and social media platforms
Art lessons, in school workshops and technician responsibilities
• Plan and deliver small group workshops across Years 7 – 11
• Support students in Art lessons when directed
• Maintain the art displays around the school
• Coordinate the hanging of work at the Eltham Medical Centre in December
• Help support Year 11’s mount and display their work (this is just after
• Help maintain the art resources and equipment. This includes preparing
resources for lessons and ordering stock
• Help keep the classroom clean and tidy
• Run an Art club
• To research and then advertise national and international competitions for
students. Organising in school competition or collaborating on class work/
homework tasks to gain entries to these competitions.
• After school homework support for KS4.
• Support cover teacher as an arts specialist if art teacher absent or
• Support art trips
Skills and attributes;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and team working skills
• Excellent organisational skills Interest in creative approaches to education
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all applicants must be willing to undergo a DBS check.
Art. World. Jobs.