Art. World. Jobs.
This vacancy is no longer available
Please note that this vacancy has expired and you can no longer apply.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Working with Proposals writers and department specialists to design and produce high-end pitch documents, presentations and accompanying collateral, for Christie’s business-getting. This is often to tight deadlines.
(Duties include but are not limited to the following)
• Design printed documents, presentation boxes and digital presentations. Using images of client’s property and text from a Proposal Writer. Create individually tailored documents using brand colours, fonts and stock images – using Adobe CC (InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator) in a Mac environment; ensure the appropriate design is carried through and realised;
• Design vanity catalogues and mock-ups of other marketing material where necessary to enhance the presentation. This will involve working directly with department Specialists;
• Take ownership of the process of design corrections and the creation of print-ready artwork for text pages, dustjackets, covers, mock catalogues and other props, often to tight deadlines;
• Work collaboratively with writers/specialists to produce a proposal document which meets both the expectations of the client and the specialist;
• Receive feedback directly from specialists and senior executives and take responsibility for incorporating into the document design;
• Lead on document formats, paper selection and print choices;
• Take ownership of the print process (whether this is printing proposals in-house or arranging to send out to 3rd party supplier), finish and bind;
• Prepare final layouts for external printers and ensure their specifications are met;
• Act as a point of liaison between writers/specialists and printers, and take responsibility for smooth communication at all times;
• Liaise with printers to ensure deadlines are met;
• Work with printers and bookbinders to keep up-to-date with printing advances, materials and formats;
• Create “mock-ups” and “visual aids” which involve the client’s property being superimposed onto a number of marketing materials in Photoshop;
• Design and mount presentation boards and materials in-house or arrange for them to be produced externally.
• Help to create design solutions for smaller business-getting efforts: including letter-writing, layout for illustrated letters, co-ordination of mock-ups and PowerPoint, Keynote or pdf presentations.
• Focus on innovation: work with the Head of Dept in developing innovative formats, and in particular, the team’s response to advances in digital software;
• Graphic Design qualification with 4 years experience
• Be comfortable with formulating creative solutions under pressure
• A strong interest in typography
• Mac proficient in Adobe CS5/6 (InDesign, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator)—with experience in Keynote and PowerPoint. Digital design experience also good but not essential
• Art working skills and a good working knowledge of Style Sheets in InDesign
• Experience of a design or publishing agency and/or presenting directly to clients
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Good organisational skills and competent in time management
• Knowledge of printing methods
• Show initiative
• Have strong sense of accountability
• Project management skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work well as part of a team
• Drive and innovation
Art. World. Jobs.