Art. World. Jobs.
Our client, a major international gallery of Blue Chip Modern & Contemporary Art, is seeking a Client and Research Manager to begin ASAP.
The Client and Research Manager will have an in depth knowledge of the Contemporary Art market along with key clients, which they will utilise to oversee all client related activities for the Director’s Office, from short-term sales facilitations to long-term strategic client development. Working closely with the Sales Team they ensure that primary and secondary market leads transform into sales. In addition, this role is required to be a central point person within the office for the wider gallery and will oversee and ensure smooth delivery of a secondary market art fair and exhibitions programme led by the Director. This role has the opportunity to develop one’s own client database. The Client and Research Manager is supported by a shared team administrator.
• Work closely under the senior director to assist in their ongoing sales duties and enable effective targeting
• Assist, develop, and maintain new and existing client relationships
• Handle all written communications, including sales offers, artwork information packs, invoices, and catalogues.
• Conduct research on clients and artworks, draft texts, and source images.
• Oversee long term client strategy for primary and secondary market, maintaining an expert knowledge of the director’s private clients and their collections.
• Ensure the smooth running of the director’s sales, coordinating all pre and post sale administration and serving as a point of contact for any sales requests.
• Liaise with internal departments including finance, legal, registration, and fabrication as and when necessary.
• Organise and manage private viewings for clients
• Oversee any secondary deals, and offer strategic input on the management of consignments and stock works.
• Organise condition reports and liaise with sellers and auction houses as required.
• Attend board meetings as required and collate analysis and presentations.
• Provide market analysis for art fairs and exhibitions in liaison with relevant teams and persons.
• Prepare all relevant documentation and itineraries for the director.
• Ensure smooth delivery of exhibition communications throughout the gallery.
• Additional ad hoc duties as required.
• Previous experience in a blue chip or established gallery or auction house
• Educated to degree level in art history or a related subject
• Excellent time management skills
• Knowledge of primary and secondary market sales including consignments and co-owned works
• Confident in internal and external communications, both in writing and in person
This is a full time permanent position based in London.
Salary up to c. £40,000
Art. World. Jobs.