Art. World. Jobs.
You will be responsible for supporting the Client Accounting Manager and Client Accounting team in the management of all aspects of the client transaction when buying and selling at auction. The role will effectively perform an account management function which focuses on the transaction journey initially from a consignment/selling perspective but then through the journey to when the lot is sold and ultimately settled. The responsibility of the role is to manage the journey to make the client transaction as seamless and effective as possible ensuring that at all times, legal, company and statutory requirements are met. The objective of this role is to provide a high standard of service to the client and the business in a high-pressure environment. Client Accounting Coordinators may need to be interchangeable between back/front office teams as and when required.
You should have previous experience of working in a finance related environment and dealing directly with stakeholders. You will be confident and approachable with strong communication skills both written and verbal. You must be capable of a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. You should conduct yourself in a professional manner exhibiting a high level of integrity at all times.
Management of the sales
• Conduct all pre-sales activities, in accordance with processes and policies, including but not limited to:
– Buyer registration and compliance control
– Seller payment instruction management
– Sale review, including effective communication to the business and resolution of any issues
– Liaison with the Commercial finance department regarding special terms and deals for clients
• Execute all sale activities within deadlines, exhibiting a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. This will include:
– Debt review, including direct communication with clients and the organisation of contras and intercompany transactions.
– Facilitate the receipting of incoming payments, dealing with any queries resulting from the receipting process
– Perform the Seller Charges Review sale process within the specified deadline, including clear and effective communications with the Specialist department, Business support group and the Post sale department.
– Process all impromptu sale process requests in a timely manner with accurate amendment and review of the ledgers and clear responses to departments and clients. This includes but not is limited to: re-invoicing for clients, after sale request, making items stock, cancelling lots. And issuing and processing vat refunds
– Manage the delivery of the sale to the Payments department for settlement, ensuring that all settlement processes have been followed and the sale is in a complete position in order for efficient settlement.
– Collaboration with Commercial finance department to ensure appropriate deal entries are processed.
– Production of adhoc manual statements as and when required.
• Proactively communicate and arrange regular meetings with the business regarding the position of a sale for both buyers and consignors through the sale cycle in order to facilitate an excellent service to the specialist departments and to assist with problem resolution. This includes liaison with the Specialist departments, Business Support Group, Post Sale Department, Christies Art Transport, Commercial Finance and any other communication necessary to meet the objective.
• Arrange regular meetings with the sales departments Business managers and coordinators (minimum quarterly) in order to provide bad debt updates per cluster
• Effectively escalate issues and queries when necessary ensuring that management is aware of any critical factors affecting sales and clients
• Ensure legal and statutory requirements are met for all processes and transactions.
• Manage and process sundry requests for invoices and credits to clients including any debt management or payment preparation involved.
• Ensure that AR/AP balances are followed up on a regular basis in order to reduce and clear down the ledgers.
• This role may require infrequent travel to support colleagues at busy sales and auctions in other country offices Managing Stakeholder Relationships
• Develop and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders.
• Communicate to the business and to clients clearly and with integrity in a professional style Process Improvement Champion
• Identify any inefficiencies in processes and escalate to management with possible solutions.
• Contribute to process changes
Skills & Qualifications
• Knowledge of basic accounting required.
• Customer service experience to an excellent level
• Language skills preferred.
• Strong ability to work under pressure and on own initiative in a responsible and professional manner.
• Knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and JDE preferred.
• Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication.
Art. World. Jobs.