About the Royal Academy of Arts
The Royal Academy of Arts is one of the UK’s foremost arts institutions and our vision is to be a clear, strong voice for art and artists. It is a particularly exciting time in our history. To celebrate our 250th anniversary, we have unveiled our newly expanded campus, with more space than ever before to make, debate and exhibit art. The new RA has a link between our Piccadilly and Burlington Gardens galleries for the first time, a new lecture theatre, and an expanded RA Schools giving our students more space to create.
About this position
For this 6 month fixed-term contract, we are looking for an excellent eCommerce Assistant to provide administrative support to our Commercial Operations team and to help us enhance and develop our online retail operation. You will create content and publish product information on the RA Shop website, action promotional plans in conjunction with the Marketing Manager and assist the eCommerce Manager with initiatives to improve conversion. You will also act as the main point of contact for our retail customers, answering their queries and processing online, telephone and cheque orders.
A confident user of both PCs and Macs, you will be highly IT literate, with advanced knowledge of MS Word and Excel, as well as proficiency in Photoshop, Content Management Systems and web publishing software/HTML. Previous experience of web and graphic design, SEO and using Google Analytics for analysis and reports would also be advantageous.
You will be creative, with a flair for design and layout, and possess superior written communication skills which you will use to produce accurate and engaging product descriptions for the online business channel. You will have a strong customer focus and understanding, together with a collaborative and flexible approach. An appreciation of the visual arts would be helpful, although not essential.
The benefits we offer
- A generous pension, contributing up to 10% of your salary into a defined contribution scheme
- Along with 25 days’ holiday and 8 bank holidays each year (pro rata), we close between Christmas Eve and New Year, allowing staff additional paid leave
- Staff are encouraged to attend free History of Art and life drawing classes on site
- We also have a staff choir, running and craft clubs
- Best of all, we have reciprocal agreements with many leading museums and art galleries in London and New York that enable you to enter for free with your staff pass.
Closing date for applications: 22nd October 2018
Interviews to be held week commencing: 29th October 2018
As part of the RA’s commitment to building its visitorship, extending its welcome and assuring future financial sustainability, its consumer-facing activities are being developed, enhanced and connected. Together the RA’s shops, publishing programme, art sales and restaurants provide an unprecedented range of opportunities to Buy Into the RA, across its newly extended campus and online.
- To ensure content management for optimal customer experience on RA e-commerce channels, via content creation and management across shop.royalacademy.org.uk and integrated presentation of retail, publishing and art sales content
- To provide customer service and order processing within a busy online and mail order sales environment, acting as main point of contact for all customers orders and enquiries by telephone, email or live chat.
Content Management and Customer Experience:
- Set up, maintain and promote the online product offer presented on shop.royalacademy.org.uk and on relevant pages on royalacademy.org.uk
- Input and maintain product information on Magento – the eCommerce Content Management System (CMS) – to include liaison with Merchandising, Buying, Photography, Marketing and Digital teams for images, copy, prices, keywords, rich media and other attributes
- Carry out on-site SEO for shop.royalacademy.org.uk through keyword planning, unique copywriting and meta data.
- Produce sales reports and KPI reports as required by E-commerce manager. on conversion rate, number of site sessions, average order value, using Google Analytics and Navision (ERP system)
- Action promotional plans as agreed in conjunction with Marketing & PR and Merchandising team e.g. promotion, flash sale, free delivery
- Assist with general shop website development, bug reporting and testing
- Maximise product signposting opportunities on main RA website by updating artist and exhibition pages on the Digital Team’s bespoke CMS
- Ensure that all customer support expectations are met or exceeded
- Take and process orders received online and via telephone, email and direct mail, or ensure support of same
- Provide customers with prompt and professional assistance by email, telephone or live chat with any information they require or enquiries they have regarding an order or product
- Take responsibility for resolving customer queries as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Notify customers swiftly when orders cannot be processed due to unavailability or declined payment
- Process customer returns, exchanges and refunds in a timely manner
- Ensure paperwork is maintained in a good order and PCI guidelines adhered to
- Work closely with warehouse and other internal departments to ensure issues affecting customer orders or returns are resolved promptly
- Liaise with courier, freight and postal service providers
- Lead on product photography and process; project managing photoshoots, using Photoshop to edit images and uploading onto Magento, visually merchandising products across homepage, category pages and product listing pages
- Create and maintain eCommerce banners using Photoshop, product range descriptions and category names
- Ensure that Health & Safety policies, procedures and regulations are known understood and complied with, the team and internal and external colleagues and suppliers.
- Undertake any other duty which may reasonably be allocated
SKILLS & EXPEREINCE REQUIRED
- Attention to detail, ability to investigate, challenge and adapt
- Highly IT literate, including proficiency in Word and Excel
- Meticulous with a methodical approach to work to ensure high levels of accuracy
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload and act on own initiative
- Ability to cope well under pressure and to deadlines
- Hard-working and happy to do what it takes to get the job done, with a “can-do” attitude to problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident in using both Mac and PC
- Able to demonstrate experience in eCommerce, copywriting and online marketing is essential e.g. Marketing graduate or previous digital marketing-related work experience
- Experience of using Content Management Systems (Magento) is very desirable
- High level of IT literacy is very desirable – including proficiency in Photoshop, web editing software/HTML and Excel
- Hands-on experience of all aspects of web design, including graphic design, functionality, development and SEO is highly advantageous
- Proven analytical and report production skills. Google Analytics experience advantageous
- Understand and articulate the skills/approaches needed for online business channels
- Previous customer services experience working with comparable products/in a similar (ideally online) fast-paced environment is essential e.g. call centre
- Strong communication skills (including an excellent command of English both spoken and written) and a friendly and engaging telephone manner
- You will be able to demonstrate high levels of customer service and the ability to prioritise while handling multiple tasks
- You will have a proven track record of working with a diverse client base, and a genuine interest and enthusiasm for retailing and eCommerce