Art. World. Jobs.
This vacancy is no longer available
Please note that this vacancy has expired and you can no longer apply.
Based in our Somerset gallery, we are looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active, organised and personable individual to join us as an Intern. This is a paid, 12 month fixed-term contract.
An internship at Hauser & Wirth Somerset is a full-time position undertaken for a period of twelve months. During this time you will be assigned a broad range of tasks that ensure you gain an understanding of how Hauser & Wirth Somerset operates. The internship includes weekend work and some evening work.
Tasks will include, but not be limited to:
· Assisting with research and development and delivery of the education and events programme
· Writing and circulating detailed event memos
· Overseeing the setting up for all events
· Assisting with the organisation of group bookings
· Assisting with education and events invoicing and ticketing
· Assisting with Private View organisation and Front of House logistics
· Assisting with invitation mail outs for events
· Assisting with the guest list for events
· Organising car-parking for events
· Greeting and providing information to visitors about current exhibitions, events, the history of Durslade Farm, the architecture, the garden and all aspects of the gallery
· Supervising the gallery and public spaces, ensuring they are presented to the highest standards at all times
· Assisting with the development, installation and delivery of exhibitions and events
· Supporting the Front of House with general gallery duties
· Assisting with the gallery invigilation on occasion
· A graduate of either a BA or MA in Fine Art, Art History or a related subject, or equivalent experience
· A keen interest in all aspects of gallery work, such as administration, press, education, development of exhibitions and events
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Organised with an ability to prioritise
· Computer literate – familiarity with Mac OS is desirable
· Candidate should be meticulous with attention to detail
· Proactive attitude
· Team player
Art. World. Jobs.