Art. World. Jobs.
We are on the hunt for an Exhibition and Production Coordinator to work with a renowned Exhibition Production Company in London.
Reporting to: Director of Exhibitions
To proactively assist the Director of Exhibitions with the planning of all exhibitions and other display projects, taking particular responsibility for the detailed day-to-day project management; planning, fabrication and install phases of any given exhibition/project to ensure that it is executed on time, within budget and to the highest possible standard.
• Coordinate with artists, internal departments, project partners and supporters to deliver all aspects of exhibition production and programming
• Maintain clear and timely communication with artists, lenders and partners on all aspects of a given exhibition, raising risks early and carefully implementing and managing any necessary changes to exhibition planning
• Provide input for exhibition budget projections, maintaining accurate record-keeping of expenditures throughout the development and delivery of all projects
• Monitor all production and programming related costs, highlighting potential overspend to Directors
• Ensure exhibition compliance with CDM Regulations, and that relevant Health and Safety policies, procedures and regulations are known, understood and complied with by yourself, the company, as well as all external contractors and suppliers
• Obtain, review and submit all necessary risk assessments and method statements relating to exhibition construction
• Manage contractors on site to ensure all work is carried out on time and to the highest standard
• Responsible for coordinating with Registrars to ensure that all shipping and artwork logistics are carried out on time and on budget
• Responsible for scheduling and coordinating exhibition installs and de-installs
• Ensure that project progress is reported effectively to the wider exhibitions team partners and/or relevant institutions
• Assist Director of Exhibitions with the coordination of public programming relevant to specific exhibitions
• Responsible for sourcing, engaging and managing all production related consultants, contractors and suppliers
• Oversee the life cycle of all artwork production and/or construction through conception, design, fabrication and installation phases, monitoring all work to ensure adherence to museum and artist’s standards
• Primary point of contact for the artist and their studio on all production related tasks
• Maintain clear and timely communication with artists, lenders and partners on all aspects of a given exhibition, raising risks early and carefully implementing and managing any necessary changes to production
• Ensure that a complete and accurate record of each exhibition/display project is maintained and archived in relation to production and/or construction, including all design and fabrication plans, artist materials, CDM and contractor related documentation
• Real time record-keeping of all costs associated with open exhibition budgets
• Maintenance of contact and artwork database as necessary
• Minimum 2 years’ experience
• Good understanding of exhibition production and artist liaison
• Proactive, ambitious, creative personality, with great interpersonal skills, diplomatic and able to come up with solutions
• Detail oriented, able to prioritize, multitask, work autonomously and within a team, able to take responsibility for own work
This is a Full-Time role, hours are 9am-6pm weekdays with flexibility to work during install and exhibition days
Salary: £28-35K DOE
Start date: ASAP, the successful candidate will need to start before April 2020
Art. World. Jobs.