Art. World. Jobs.
This vacancy is no longer available
Please note that this vacancy has expired and you can no longer apply.
About the Royal Academy of Arts
The Royal Academy of Arts (RA) is one of the UK’s foremost arts institutions, whose purpose is to be a clear, strong voice for art and artists. Our public programme promotes the creation, study and enjoyment of art to a wide range of audiences through exhibitions, education and debate.
We recently unveiled our expanded campus in the heart of Piccadilly, in celebration of our 250th anniversary. A major building project has completely refurbished one part of the campus and linked our two main buildings, Burlington House and 6, Burlington Gardens, through a scheme architected by David Chipperfield RA.
About this role
Visitors, members and supporters are the life-blood of the Royal Academy. The Friends of the Royal Academy is one of the largest schemes of its kind; with nearly 97,000 members. Its continued success and growth is essential for the Royal Academy to operate and fulfil its vision to be a clear, strong voice for art and artists. As well as the Friends scheme, the Royal Academy has many other loyalty membership schemes including RA250 Friends and RA250 Supporters and membership to the Academicians’ Room. This role demands the best in the business to support the Senior Loyalty Manager and the wider Loyalty and Friends Team in our special 250th anniversary year by assisting in the retention, engagement and recruitment of existing and new audiences to our loyalty suite of products.
Only candidates with previous experience of customer services will be considered. You must be exceptionally well presented, articulate, professional, friendly and possess the ability to interact with a variety of people. In addition, any sales experience will be advantageous.
You will be required to work 5 days across a 7 day pattern. Availability to work evenings and bank holidays is also required.
The benefits we offer
Closing date for applications: 25 September 2018 (midnight)
Interviews to be held w/c: 1 October 2018
• Excellent communication skills: patience, tact, confident manner, good listener, articulate, quick-thinker.
• Ability to encourage interest in all Loyalty memberships and to explain benefit details in order to achieve set targets for recruitment of new members.
• Previous experience of face to face recruitment and telephone sales and providing excellence in customer service in a demanding and target driven environment.
• Excellent command of English, written and oral communications skills: ability to answer customer enquiries to a high standard in writing, in person and on the telephone.
• Ability and willingness to take a pro-active approach to frontline work – seeking out relevant information, suggesting different ways of working, implementing different systems. Resilient and positive attitude.
• Good interpersonal skills: act as friendly, warm point of contact to members. Ability to relate to many different/diverse people. Enthusiastic and authentic approach to providing first class customer service.
• Methodical with an ‘eye for detail’ for information storage and retrieval, record keeping, etc.
• Polished and presentable with an excellent telephone manner.
• Good team-player: willingness to work closely with colleagues in providing a high-quality of service – willingness to provide cover at short-notice, make and accept suggestions for changing working practice. Flexible, adaptable and helpful approach to work: willingness to work weekends, additional hours and assist at evening events.
• Highly computer literate – with excellent knowledge and experience of MS Office. Experience of databases essential, use of Raiser’s Edge database would be an advantage.
• Experience in a fast-pace customer facing role within a premium hospitality environment.
• Have a solid understanding of membership and loyalty schemes.
Art. World. Jobs.