Art. World. Jobs.
This full time role reports directly to the HR and Gallery Administrator at the gallery. It provides a vital and professional front of house experience for all gallery visitors and a range of administrative support across the gallery.
This role also offers the opportunity to take ownership of key areas of the gallery’s daily running and work closely with key colleagues in a wide range of areas as well as growth potential within the gallery.
General daily duties of the role include:
• Acting as “front of house” for Gallery clients and visitors
• Answering phones in an efficient and friendly manner, providing a high quality message service.
• Ensuring reception and gallery areas are presentable and informative well in advance of Private Views, notifying appropriate staff if action needs to be taken to rectify issues
• Tracking and recording visitor numbers
• Ensuring press releases and exhibition lists are available for visitors
• Replying to general e-mails and visitor enquiries
• Organising couriers/FedEx/taxis where required
• Updating mailing list from reception/exhibition books
• Ensuring gallery stationary and business cards are fully stocked at all times.
Other key responsibilities include:
• Reception cover at all gallery Private Views and support for/attendance at other gallery events as required. (e.g. First Weekend programme)
• Assistance with reception/event set up as required, which may include additional hours in the evening
Freelance receptionist support
• Ensure reception is fully prepared for any freelance support
• Liaising with receptionist at second gallery space and other key colleagues, complete appropriate research and produce artist information packs to prepare and educate receptionists for each new gallery exhibition
• Other general ad hoc project support and research work as required
Key knowledge, experience and skills required;
• Previous gallery, museum or visual arts experience
• Customer-facing experience
• Experience working in an administrative and/or office environment
• Passion for and strong knowledge of contemporary art
• Excellent inter-personal skills balanced with professionalism and diplomacy
• A calm and friendly manner, especially when under pressure
• Ability to work autonomously, using own initiative, organisation and prioritisation skills
• Strong attention to detail
• High level of IT skills: Microsoft Office, working knowledge of art Database(s), Mac literate.
Art. World. Jobs.