Art. World. Jobs.
Since Hauser & Wirth Somerset opened it has welcomed over 63 0,000 visitors and has received wide and positive acclaim in the press. Its ethos sits at the very heart of Hauser & Wirth as a place where art can successfully merge with many other subject matters of importance to us; architecture, education, community, landscape, food and farming and opens the doors for creative ideas and collaborations.
Hauser & Wirth Somerset offers a series of artist, specialist and curator-led talks, seminars and events open to schools, colleges, universities and general members of the public. Our highly successful education programme attracts learners of all ages and backgrounds to the gallery. We are looking for further assistants to support the team in delivering school visits, family and community events.
This is a freelance, hourly paid position to become part of the Education Team. Working hours are ad hoc and can be for between 2 to 6 hours per day, contributing as and when required. The gallery is open from Tuesday to Sunday.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Delivering high quality tours, talks, workshops and related activities
• Supporting the Education Team in existing events and activities
• Contributing to community events, especially our popular, monthly Family Saturday
Required skills and experience:
• Sound knowledge of contemporary art
• A strong personal commitment to art education
• Familiarity with and understanding of issues in art and design education
• Experience working independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to conceive, develop and complete tasks without close supervision
• Good organisational and interpersonal skills
• Strong presentation, oral, and written communication skills
• Able to adapt to different audiences and age groups
• A teaching qualification or art education experience
Art. World. Jobs.