Art. World. Jobs.
This vacancy is no longer available
Please note that this vacancy has expired and you can no longer apply.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
Provide day-to-day support to the Decorative Arts Department, with the potential to develop both administrative and specialist skills. The role supports the following teams: Furniture, Private Collections, Silver, Clocks, Porcelain, Sculpture, Miniatures and Gold Boxes.
(Duties include but are not limited to the following)
• Administrative Support
• To support the sale coordinators in the day to day running of the Department
• Responsible for collecting and distributing post
• Writing advice letters and responding to estimate requests
• Ensuring that all telephone calls are answered
• Maintaining stationery and printing supplies in the Department
• Assisting specialist and sale coordinators with catalogue preparation.
• Supporting specialists with cataloguing and research whether within Christie’s or at external libraries/museums.
• Assisting in warehouse when required.
• Upkeep of departmental libraries and offices.
• Assisting with catalogue distribution and binding.
• Assist in setting up and maintaining sale views
• Assist in taking condition images requested by clients.
• Keeping a record of competitor’s sale dates and checking catalogues received prior to the sale
• Marking catalogues with prices realised and tallying the results
• Advising the Head of Sale Management of results
• Any other tasks required as and when they arise
• Strong IT skills with familiarity of all Microsoft packages.
• History of Art Graduate (or other relevant degree)
• Previous work experience – either paid or voluntary – within the Art Sector
• Language skills (fluent in English plus one other European language)
• Ability to demonstrate client facing experience
Art. World. Jobs.