Art. World. Jobs.
PRIMARY FUNCTION/POSITION SUMMARY:
The Intern works directly with the London team of Specialists, Head of Sale Management, Business Manager and Department Coordinator on the production of the catalogue; coordinating parts of the sale and property, monitoring all activities related to cataloguing and tracking certificates and testing results and cataloguing some pieces. The Jewellery Intern also actively help Specialists on various projects (valuations, client relationship management, sale promotion events).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Duties include but are not limited to the following):
• Answer and screen incoming telephone calls, book client appointments
• Greeting clients, collecting them from Front of House.
• Organize hand carry and repairs requests
• Manage testing and certification shipping / tracking and prepare the testing folders
• Manage property movement: request and track site transfers, local transfers, temp releases, transfer to third party, and hand carries, and provide appropriate information to Business Support Group, Art handler, Art Transport, Imports, Licensing and Security as required. • Oversee stock control with Art handler and HSOM
• Raise PO and complete supplier requests where necessary
• Assist in preparing for tours: carnet List, export license application, shipping and packing
• Assisting in setting up the viewing before the sale
Cataloguing / Valuations
• Manage and oversee catalogue coordination: liaise with photo studio for photography, maintain tracker of objects and update status (to be photographed, sent for testing, to be catalogued etc.), proactively use Canvas interface to track object status • Take condition report images • Support specialists in cataloguing lots for sale and produce condition reports • Prepare condition reports of consigned property prior to the auction • Sending Condition reports and Images
Assistance Senior International Jewellery Director
• Maintain diary and Travel schedule of Senior International Jewellery Director
• Organize and prepare travel bookings, expenses claim and reports
• Assist Senior International Jewellery Director on Ad Hoc tasks
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Gemmology degree (GIA / FGA)
• Relevant work experience
• Understanding of the auction business.
• Computer literate
• Ability to learn Christie’s systems including COS, JDE, intranet and website
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communications
• Superior client service skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail
• Ability to work within a team environment
Art. World. Jobs.