Art. World. Jobs.
This vacancy is no longer available
Please note that this vacancy has expired and you can no longer apply.
Based in our Somerset gallery, we are looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active, organised and personable individual to join us as a Gallery Intern. This is a paid, 6 month fixed-term contract.
The Gallery internship at Hauser & Wirth Somerset is a full-time position undertaken for a period of 6 months. During this time you will be assigned a range of tasks in relation to the Front of House that ensure you gain an understanding of how a gallery operates. The internship includes weekend work and some evenings on occasion.
Tasks will include, but not be limited to:
· Supporting the Front of House with general gallery duties, mail outs, archiving, post and private views
· Greeting and providing information to visitors about current exhibitions, events, the history of Durslade Farm, the architecture, the garden and all aspects of the gallery
· Supervising the gallery and public spaces, ensuring they are presented to the highest standards at all times
· Assisting with the running of the gallery bookshop, making sure it is well presented
· Looking after office and storage spaces ensuring they are always presentable
· Assisting with research
· Assisting with events
· Assisting with gallery invigilation
· A graduate of either a BA or MA in Fine Art, Art History or a related subject, or equivalent experience
· A keen interest in all aspects of gallery work
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an enjoyment of working with the general public
· Organised with an ability to prioritise
· Computer literate – familiarity with Mac OS is desirable
· Candidate should be meticulous with attention to detail
· Proactive attitude
· Well presented
· Team player
Art. World. Jobs.