Art. World. Jobs.
We are looking to place the Programme Director of a new MA in Art Logistics with a leading global Arts Institution.
Our client has pioneered the education of arts professionals throughout its existence and offers a wide range of Masters’ degrees, semester courses, summer courses, and public programmes. Located in Central London, the Institution is now launching a Masters programme in Art Logistics, the first of its kind in the world, and is seeking a dynamic and experienced leader to champion this exciting new programme. Art logistics and operations are rapidly expanding fields with accelerating employment opportunities. This programme will provide students with the diverse practical training and theoretical overview necessary to excel in one of the most important career paths in the professional art world. This is a vast, complex, and rapidly changing environment where the care, display, and movement of art objects are multimillion dollar issues requiring high levels of thought and expertise. Students on this course will explore these operational approaches towards art objects and the logistical issues related to the movement of art. Benefiting from crossover opportunities with existing programmes and modules offered by the Institution, students will have a wide range of elective options and will write a practice based dissertation on a topic related to art logistics.
• Developing an appropriate network of professionals to facilitate the successful delivery of the programme.
• Work closely with the marketing and admissions departments on student recruitment.
• Teaching, marking, supervising, scholarship and research, academic management and engagement of the art world on behalf of the institution.
• Serving as champion and academic leader of the programme
• Working with colleagues to establish the programme’s reputation.
• Teaching on the course as needed
• Establishing strong external relationships with partners and stakeholders including guest lecturers
• Working closely with the institute director, deputy director, and other faculty and staff on curricular review and academic policy.
• Shaping and developing the programme and teaching timetable in alignment with existing protocols.
• Reviewing, assessing, overseeing, and making recommendations for ongoing changes and improvements to the curriculum.
• Identifying potential new teaching staff, managing staff and determining workload for each staff member.
• Contracting and managing guest lecturers.
• Overseeing the assessment processes of the programme in accordance with the standards of the institution and its validating body.
• Planning and overseeing study trips
• Managing the programme alongside other programmes through the planning of the academic calendar, budget, and programme coordinators
• Creating non-degree coursework and programming.
• Contributing to the formulation of institute wide strategy, serving as chair to committees as requested, preparing reports and other materials for accreditation, participating in events as necessary on behalf of the institute
• Maintaining a broad knowledge of research, professional activity, and education of trends, as well as conducting research and professional activity commensurate with the standing of Programme Director, and presenting such research to contribute fully to the research culture of the institution.
• A PhD in a relevant field
• Experience teaching in High Education, preferably at Postgraduate level and to International Students.
• Strong knowledge of the art world, with particular expertise and experience in; gallery and collections management; registrar functions in the private or public sector; operational issues in the art world or; art history and curation. Knowledge of supply chain management is also welcome.
• Demonstrable leadership skills
• An entrepreneurial attitude
• Eligible to work in the UK
This is a full time position based in London.
Salary range is £50k-70k+.
Art. World. Jobs.