Art. World. Jobs.
Tate Commerce is the trading arm of Tate. Its chief areas of operation are retailing on four sites, publishing (both Tate exhibition catalogues and general art books, as well as illustrated children’s books), product development, picture library and licensing.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic Merchandise team and to contribute to the growth and success of our department. Merchandise team’s challenge is to manage stock in order to hit financial targets such as sales, profit and stock turn. Your role will be to support the Merchandise Manager and Assistant Merchandiser. The main duties and responsibilities will be: raising orders and liaising with suppliers, maintaining all databases, running weekly and ad hoc sales reports and liaising with all stake holders within the business.
You will need to:
• Be an excellent team worker
• Be a great communicator
• Thrive in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment
• Have strong time management skills
• Have excellent attention to detail.
• Be an excellent problem solver
• Be self-motivated
Required Essential Experience Skills and Qualifications
• Maths GCSE or equivalent Grade C or above
• An affinity with numbers and a passion for trading
• Accuracy and good attention to detail
• Ability to prioritise effectively and work well under pressure
• Enjoy working with a variety of people across the business
• Strong commercial awareness about the retail industry
• Competent in Excel
Interviews are arranged for 22-23 January 2020
The ideal candidate will also uphold Tate’s vision to champion art and its role in society and Tate Commerce mission to maximise profit through its activities to be returned to Tate and extend the value of Tate’s brand.
We offer great benefits, staff training, performance and service awards, great discounts in our shops and catering outlets, Employee Assistance Program, Cycle scheme and free entry to exhibitions for our employees and their friends and family.
Art. World. Jobs.