Art. World. Jobs.
Our client, a Contemporary Mayfair Gallery and Dealership, is seeking an experienced Registrar with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar roles. The ideal candidate should also have some experience of gallery management.
They will be responsible for the safe and professional shipping of artworks worldwide, and a variety of administrative tasks to ensure that all elements of registration, post-sale care, storage and records are maintained and executed efficiently and accurately. The successful candidate must have a creative and pro-active attitude to project management and stock control, particularly in regard to facilitating the Directors’ artwork viewings and the arrangement of international installations. The company is currently expanding and the ideal candidate will need to be ambitious, flexible and tenacious in applying themselves to this important and exciting role.
– Co-ordination of all overseas and domestic logistics in a safe, timely and cost-efficient manner. This includes installation of artworks in a variety of media worldwide.
– Liaising closely with the directors, clients and external contractors to deliver a professional and efficient service to clients.
– Accurately maintain, monitor and update artwork records using the internal database.
– Co-ordination of artwork viewings for the directors across the galleries and residential spaces, and manage the technical team to achieve the same.
– Prepare, negotiate and file consignment agreements with artists and other dealers.
– Ensure that all artworks that have been sold ex-EU are exported by the necessary date.
– Manage Temporary Imports (TA) and ensure that the necessary deadlines are complied with.
– Competent understanding of TA/Bond and customs procedures for the UK and internationally.
– Issue and monitor the sending of artist certificates, and assist the directors in providing provenance documentation for secondary artworks.
– Work closely with the Managing Director to develop strategies and procedures to further professionalise the company’s logistics and post-sale procedures.
– Identify when export and import licences are necessary and manage the applications in a timely manner.
– Resolve and manage any restoration and repair issues that may occur, either internally or through external contractors.
– Complete general departmental administration and registrar project work.
– Monitor incoming purchase invoices and current cash flow.
– Manage the insurance policy and identify large value consignments which require endorsements; liaise with gallery’s insurer to acquire additional necessary cover as need be.
– Liaise with the Managing Director and Accounts team for making payments to contractors.
– Oversee and maintain organised office and virtual filing systems.
– Oversee and manage stock control and artwork storage.
– Proven organisation skills with an ability to prioritise, multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
– Ability to manage a busy and high-volume workload.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
– Ability to work collaboratively and a team player.
– Strong IT skills.
– Numerical literacy, excellent spelling and grammar.
– Conscientious, tenacious and resilient.
– A strong capacity for situational judgement.
– Strong shipping experience preferred.
– Flexible working hours.
This is a full time role based in Central London.
Art. World. Jobs.