Art. World. Jobs.
This vacancy is no longer available
Please note that this vacancy has expired and you can no longer apply.
We seek an experienced and proactive Sales and Marketing person to grow the gallery’s client base alongside developing its marketing strategy.
This person is responsible for executing the gallery’s brand through its various print and digital media channels as well as having an established presence within the area for sales and networking for the gallery. The ideal candidate will have sales and marketing experience within a gallery or auction house space. In addition, he/ she will need to be digitally savvy, have experience in website management and various social media platforms.
REPORTS TO: Gallery Director
HIRE: Contractual Mat Leave cover for approx. 9-12month with high possibility of FT position at end of contract.
START: Jan 2019 (Training with Head of Marketing and Exhibitions until April 2019)
HOURS: Tues – Sat
• Sales – Grow and develop own clients within London and Europe, sourcing new potential in strength areas.
• Grow and develop Press clients including getting the gallery to be strategically involved in the latest industry events (Also attending yourself and securing invitations for Gallery Owners).
• Responsible for Press – logging contacts, handling all enquiries and loan requests
• Creating press releases and new marketing material for Gallery Team to utilise including proofing and editing all written and visual marketing material
• Creation and oversight of loan contracts and condition reports (Updating Artlogic)
• Organise and lead Gallery visits and tours (commercial and educational)
• Maintain inventory database Artlogic in relation to images, artist info, titles, private views, artwork background and additional info, loans, etc.
• Keep a log of costs associated with marketing including website, freelance, catalogue and invites.
• Responsible for web sales platforms and online exhibitions (ie. 1st dibs, etc.)
The ideal candidate must have:
• 2 years sales or marketing experience in a gallery or auction house
• Strong understanding of brand awareness and project management
• General knowledge and interest in design
• Mid to high level of Adobe Photoshop and Indesign
• High level of Microsoft office suite
• Proactive and self motivating when it comes to sourcing new clientele for press and sales
• An existing collection of relevant contacts will also be beneficial.
• Solid track record of achieving sales targets in a luxury retail environment. Confident in all stages of sales (identifying the opportunity to closing sales)
• Commitment to quality customer service and the drive for results
• Polished, assertive and friendly demeanour
• Able to work alongside a small team of gallery staff
• Hardworking and able to work flexible hours
• Exceptional communication skills
• French speaking (preferable)
Candidate needs to be able to provide Samples of their work:
A writing sample
Salary: £23K pa + commission. Flexible depending on experience and expectations.
Looking for the successful candidate to start January 2019.
Art. World. Jobs.