Art. World. Jobs.
We are on the hunt for a Sales Assistant to work with a Blue Chip Contemporary Gallery in London.
To provide sales and administrative support to 2 Associate Directors and a Sales Associate to ensure the smooth daily running of their activities and act as an effective link within the wider sales and exhibitions team.
• Execution of all sale-related paperwork; previews, invoices etc.
• Provide sales support for current and upcoming events and fairs
• Complete focused client research as required by the Sales team within different regions
• Provide remote support to sales staff whilst travelling
• Deputising for sales staff with visitors as appropriate
• Proofing, amending and uploading content on the gallery website and keeping artists’ biographies up to date when required
• Monthly posting and reconciliation for staff expenses, credit cards and petty cash
• Liaising with registrars and technicians regarding deliveries, storage, and/or installations of artworks for clients
• Updating the inventory database with regard to sales and reserves, client and artist lists and searches
Front of house
• Sit along side front of house, providing a link to the sales department
• Cover lunch breaks
• Designated Saturday Sales cover
• Contribute to successful running of gallery events
• Attendance and participation at key gallery events when required, including guest list monitoring
• Assisting with general gallery duties, when required
Desirable skills/attributes include:
• Excellent attention to detail
• 2 years in a commercial gallery environment, ideally in a sales assistant role
• Articulate and well presented
• Positive, can-do attitude
• Keen to learn
• Good knowledge of the contemporary art market
• Highly organised & efficient
• Fluency in at least one other language
• Flexible approach
• Ability to manage a personal busy workload
• Ability to stay calm when under pressure
• Strong IT skills, preferably also with knowledge of gallery inventory programs
Art. World. Jobs.