Art. World. Jobs.
Our client, an award-winning communications consultancy for cultural and creative industries, is seeking a Senior Account Director to join their London office.
Operating across the arts, culture, heritage and literary sectors, the consultancy offers a comprehensive strategic consultancy service, with expertise in international media relations, digital and social media advisory, marketing consultancy, event curation, corporate / cultural partnerships and brand development and activations. With international offices, they offer a bespoke communications service that combines specialist expertise and local insight with a genuinely global network.
A new opportunity has arisen for a talented Senior Account Director to join the agency’s busy London team. Working closely with the company’s founding directors and the London based Associate Director, the successful candidate will be a key member of the senior leadership team, focused on integrating the London office’s new business strategy into day-to-day account management. Delivering an exceptional level of service on a broad range of prestigious literary and culture sector accounts, the successful candidate will form excellent relationships with clients and have an established rapport with key senior culture editors and arts correspondents across the UK and international media. Proven management skills are essential, as there will be daily collaboration with junior team members across projects.
This role will direct campaigns for clients across the arts, culture and literary sectors, including, but not limited to, literary awards, publishing projects, culture-led regeneration and placemaking, museums and heritage.
Bringing extensive professional networks across the arts, culture and luxury sectors, this role will be key in winning new business pitches and directing account teams to deliver first-class campaign results. The successful candidate will be genuinely connected to the arts and culture sector, have a day-to-day awareness of upcoming industry events and familiarity with the international contemporary art calendar, as well as demonstrating excellent account team leadership and line management skills.
• Planning and implementing strategic media and digital communications campaigns for clients
• Directing campaign and account administration
• Developing and maintaining strong client relationships, providing the lead in client liaison
• Overseeing client events, private views, photo calls, press offices and launches
• Overseeing the creation of, and editing, press releases, targeted media lists and publicity plans
• Creating and directing digital campaign strategies
• Securing and analysing editorial coverage
• Liaising with stakeholders in the corporate, events and culture sectors
• Managing press trips and budgets
• Responding to journalist requests and enquiries
• Maintaining strong relationships with UK and international media
• Identifying and developing new business opportunities through networking and research
• Researching and writing compelling new business proposals
• Participating in client pitches and presentations
• Sharing and maintaining deep industry insight and knowledge of current affairs
• Commitment to growing the agency’s social media channels and brand perception
• Advocating highly effective account management processes
• Managing Account Managers, Executives & interns
• Supporting and reporting to the Associate Director and Company Directors
• Working with colleagues across the agency’s network of international offices
• Travelling to international events and launches to manage on-site press office and press trips
• Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in the PR or communications industries, ideally with strong agency credentials
• A track record of a creative approach to high profile media campaigns
• A network of professional contacts and relationships in the arts, culture and literary sectors
• Strong contacts in both the UK and international media
• Ability to construct and implement digital strategies with a focus on social media
• A genuine and demonstrable passion for arts and culture
• Proven experience in team leadership and management
• Proven experience in managing client relationships
• An understanding of the role and value of cultural content in corporate business development, sponsorship and partnerships
• A positive and highly professional manner
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to organise workloads and manage time, setting a high standard and providing best practice support for junior members of the team
• Attention to detail, with strong copywriting and editing skills
• Determined, proactive, and works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Experience of working with external stakeholders and partners
• Flexible approach to work with ability to attend evening and weekend events where necessary
• Experience of event management, specifically private views, press previews and press trips
• Proficiency with design software such as Photoshop, InDesign, Google Slides or PowerPoint
• Excellent presentation skills
• A literary specialism
• Knowledge of media databases (Gorkana)
• Familiarity with Mac operating system
• Languages desirable
This is a full time permanent position based in Central London.
Salary: Depending on experience
Annual leave: 25 days per annum
Art. World. Jobs.