Art. World. Jobs.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced finance professional to join our team in Central London on a 12-month maternity cover. The role requires an ACA/ACCA qualified professional with experience working in both practice and industry with great technical and process improvement skills.
As part of the team that is the “centre for accounting technical excellence” at Christie’s where we provide senior management with essential corporate support. This key role reports into the Group Finance Manager, and works closely with other finance accountants and business partners within the organisation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/TASKS (include but are not limited to the following):
· Preparation of the quarterly consolidation, reports & reviews. Ensure consolidation is accurate, prepare & review periodic schedules to identify issues & resolve
· Assist with the half-year and full year statutory reporting in accordance with FRS102 including liaising with external auditors
· Conversion of group financial statements from FRS 102 to IFRS for reporting to the ultimate holding company
· Other ad hoc duties including preparation of monthly SWA rates and BS rate, dividend values, cash flow, group intercompany control, reconciliation of Group Finance to Management Information P&L, group FX analysis and requests for additional reporting from senior management
· Monthly reporting of the dormant and holdings companies in HFM
· Preparation and review of the yearly statutory financial statements for UK entities (dormant and holding companies) for submission to Companies House
· Oversee the submission of quarterly and annual statistical returns required in compliance with the requirements set out by the Office for National Statistics
· Assist with the reporting requirements on bank compliance
· Involvement with ad hoc projects such as strike off’s, process implementation, etc
· Draft technical guidance or policy updates as needed
· Previous use of Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) or similar consolidation system required, JD Edwards 9.1 ledger system and CCH experience preferred but not essential
· Strong multi-currency consolidation knowledge
· Strong in fundamentals of FRS102 (UK GAAP). IFRS also desirable. Experience in drafting technical papers advantageous
· Strong in Microsoft suite in particular Excel but also Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
· Controls review & reporting to management/internal audit
· High level of responsibility to complete work, communicate issues and attention to detail
· Good organisation skills, ability to prioritise effectively
· Team orientated, ensures that team deliverables are met to a high standard
· Effective communicator with financial and non-financial staff (both written and oral)
· Can rationalise problems and suggest process improvements/action
· Highly motivated to identify and make improvements to processes & controls
Art. World. Jobs.