Art. World. Jobs.
Our client, based in West London, presents a rich and varied programme of exhibitions, art fairs, and events, showing work from its own collection and in partnerships with an assortment of brands, institutions, and cultural organisations.
The gallery does not receive any government funding and instead relies on corporate, media, and brand partnerships as well as individual patrons. They are currently transitioning to become a not-for-profit venture and as such are looking to increase grant funding over the coming year.
The Partnerships Director will create and implement a successful commercial and partnership strategy for the gallery. They will be charged with identifying, approaching, and pitching opportunities to brands and companies that want to establish partnerships with the gallery and its events and exhibitions moving forward, while also maintaining and expanding existing relationships. In addition, the role will involve working with the team creating and supporting existing initiatives to build the gallery’s reputation and focus on democratising art. Working on marketing activity including social and community engagement to drive engagement and footfall to all exhibitions and events, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a creative and exciting environment.
• Expanding and leading partnerships and sponsorship strategy for the gallery with an overall focus on fundraising for future programming.
• Actively identifying new potential partners, meeting with potential and existing partners, and driving revenue towards projects and existing gallery obligations.
• Driving engagement from the broader public and corporates to optimise monetisation of the gallery.
• Overseeing the sales team to ensure the partners are satisfied and obligations are met.
• Acting as a brand ambassador and playing a fundamental role in the development and success of the gallery in the coming years.
• Established marketing & sponsorship experience as well as the demonstrable ability to create strategy and implement campaigns.
• An engaging individual with the clear ability to present, influence, and engage with senior stakeholders
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• An established network of contacts within the art and commercial worlds to underpin the gallery’s partners for the coming year.
• Commercially astute with experience in managing budgets, financial reporting, and of costing partnerships and campaigns.
• Adaptable and proactive approach to working within a creative environment.
• A track record of delivering excellent customer experience.
• Gallery and museum experience is not essential, but an active interest in the arts is beneficial
Salary c. £30-50k (flexible) dependent on experience.
Start date: asap
Art. World. Jobs.